vendredi 25 janvier 2013

Hello everyone and welcome to our blog!

The aim of this blog is for students in Montpellier to discuss their experiences.  For this week I would like you to post a comment about what, if anything, has surprised you about being a student in Montpellier.  You are free to say whatever you want (provided you have the authorisation of those involved, and the language is respectful!!).  You can also comment on what others say.....

Happy blogging!  Victoria

3 commentaires:

  1. When I first came to Montpellier I was really surprised that there are so many people from all over the world living here. I knew that Montpellier was a city full of students, but I didn't expect it to be such a multicultural city as well :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Well, to be honest, something I was surprised with were the prices: I know France is expensive but given Montpellier is (mainly) a city of students I expected lower prices than the ones here. However, I live in the city centre so I guess they are even worse here :/

    There are obviously some other positive things but this is something I wanted to point out :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hey, I'm Michiel from Belgium, and i've been living in Montpellier for 6 months now. So far, I really enjoyed it and I already had a lot of fun here. There are some cultural differences, compared to my country, but there aren't any shocking differences between Montpellier and Belgium.
    I guess that the inhabitants of Montpellier are a lot more relaxed that in Belgium, that's something that I notice at the pay desk in the supermarket. They work a bit slower than in Belgium.
    The nightlife is really different too. There are a lot of discotheques here, and normal bars close at 1 o'clock. Where in Belgium, students don't really go out to discotheques but to bars that stay open till ...
    The thing about Montpellier that I like the most, is the fact that the whole city is really beautiful, so you can always go for a walk in the city. You can go to the zoo, walk in the small streets, go sit in a park, have a coffee in a little bar, ...
    If you have questions, feel free to ask me!!

    Greetings

    Michiel

    RépondreSupprimer