dimanche 27 janvier 2013

That's a real pleasure!



Bon soir ;)

It‘s Laura from Germany and I’m living in Montpellier for about 5 months now.
I haven’t been to France before I came to Montpellier last summer to spend my Erasmus semester here. So the first challenge was to actually communicate with people in French, a language I learned at school for several years but which I haven’t really spoken before.

I fell in love with Montpellier straight away and it didn’t take long until it became my second home, where I felt so comfortable and familiar very soon. Montpellier with it’s fantastic whether, beautiful city center, beach and sea and all those leisure-time possibilities is the perfect place to study for me. 
The biggest drawback which gave me a shock is the ever-present huge contrast of rich and poor. The fact that there are so many homeless people living in the streets in front of luxury stores and boutiques give me an unpleasant feeling and make me questioning the social system we’re living in.
Maybe I grow up in a very protected environment and didn’t experience this so much or Montpellier is exceptional because it's a very popular aim for immigrants with its location and mild climate and shows therefore this violent contrast.

Anyways Montpellier was the lucky pull in my Erasmus decision and even after having seen many other cities in France like Marseille, Toulouse and Paris or villages like Avignon and Nimes I would always go again for Montpellier!!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire