dimanche 3 février 2013

A year in the "merde"

Actually this title comes from a book by Stephen Clarke I just started to read - a foreigner living in France for one year - on almost every page I recognize myself. This is already my second semester in Montpellier, so meanwhile I am used to speak three languages everyday, German as my mother tongue with friends or family at home, English at uni and French in my daily life. I am inured to lovely French wine, to pubs that close already at 1 o´clock, and to lovely sunshine. Well, during my first semester I used to travel quite a lot, which was simply great! I went out very often, met interesting people and I´ve seen lots of things! I only got the feeling, I do not know the city where I am living, Montpellier, very well. As soon as I´ll be back in Germany after the 2nd semester in France, people will ask me "how I liked Montpellier" and I will say "a lot" - but why!? So this semester I am going to see more of the place, where I am actually doing my erasmus, from museums to different markets - time to discover Montpellier!

1 commentaire: