mercredi 13 février 2013

Some advices proudly provided by Kenji

Hi all ! :)

Here are some advices for your new life in Montpellier :

- If you're not gonna live in the cités universitaires, try to find an appartment the nearest as possible to the tram. If you live far to it, you're gonna have a bad time !

- When you arrive in France, don't forget to apply for APL (Aide Pour le Logement). The French State provides it to help you paying your rent. In Montpellier, you can apply for this at la CAF in Port Marianne. BTW, make sure you have ALL the necessary documents, and that EVERYTHING is clean, because since August I'm still waiting for my money...

- Monday night is Australian night !

-  In France most of the meals in the Restaurants Universitaires (RU) are €3.10. Yes, It's cheap, so don't hesitate to eat there. You can even pay less if you follow Robert's advices one or two posts after.

- In the street, if you need help, ask the Frenchies "Parlez-vous anglais ?", rather than "Do you speak English". They will be less afraid, and more able to help you in English ! Or you can simply speak French... You're in France, putain !


I don't know what else I can add... But I'm pretty sure that everyone will provide even more advices... So I hope your stay in Montpellier will be more easy after that :)

- A little video that could be helpful -




3 commentaires:

  1. Hi! Well, actually first i watched the video nd its hillarious! So i was gonna like your post....until i read that we must speak french because we are in france, putain? OK so, then if you dont speak german dont go to germany, if you dont speak polish dont go to Poland, if you dont speak russian dont go t o Russian... by this, I dont mean I totally disagree with you...but think about the people who are trying to learn your language... I have a really hard time even though I had some lessons before coming. This reminds me the day I arrived and the bus driver from the airport didnt understand what i tried to say in french, so i asked him; parlez vous anglais?, HE SAID THIS, AND NO I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS TYPE OF HOSPITALITY: ON FRANCE, ON PARLE FRANCAIS..... so i hope you try to be more patient with us who are trying to learn, Merci...

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. This is so true PUTAIN ! and Margarita, I think you just met a silly guy who maybe was in a bad mood :) most of french people (I think) (including me) are ready to help people trying to learn our language ;) so let's take it easy guysss

    RépondreSupprimer