mercredi 13 février 2013

To all the new people: hello !!

I still remember I came here as a new student in the beginning and everything was pretty the same, but still very different: Another language, another school system, new people, a different way of living, ... But the weather makes it all good =) For new people in Montpellier I would advice to go out a lot, and visit as much as possible during the first weeks that you don't have school, or in the weekends. 

Visits
Myself, I visited Nimes, Avignon, Sète, Beziers, Narbonne and some other smaller villages, and it's really worth doing it. The trains aren't so expensive and the cities are perfect to visit in 1 day, without having to stay 3 days at a hotel. I really liked Narbonne and the Cathedral of Beziers, because these cities are really relaxing: Sitting in the sun, visiting the cathedral, drinking a beer, walking a bit around, ... And before you even know it, you've spent the whole day in the city. 

Housing
To find the right accommodation (for the right price), is something that isn't too easy.... Like in most of the student cities, prices are quite high, especially if you look for a room alone. There are several 'big buildings' (for example Triolet), where the rooms aren't too big and you have to share a kitchen. Therefore, I think it's better to look for a shared accommodation  so you'll have more comfort for the same price. Ok, you can have some bad luck with your roommates, but I think that most of the time, these people will be really friendly, and it's a good way to get to know new people. I also share my apartment  and I haven't regret it a second so far... Finding an apartment or a roommate can be done on the facebook page: Asso Erasmus, or perhaps there are still some other ways to find one (Sorry but i'm not the appartment-expert)

Have a good time!!

Michiel

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire