dimanche 17 mars 2013

About Montpellier

Hi everyone !

I came in Montpellier for my last year of high school, almost 10 years ago. Originally I'm from a small town in the south west of France (south of Bordeaux), and everything I had heard about Montpellier before coming appeared to be actually true.
Montpellier is a student city, and every one is going out every day of the week ! There is always a party thrown somewhere, or someone that will influence you into going out with them , even on sunday or monday night !!
Also, I don't know if you noticed, but every single day, if you hang out in the city center, you feel like no one is at work and everyone is shopping... The city center, Polygone for instance, is always crowded, and I am always wondering why people aren't at work !
Also, people from the south east of France are always late ! I had always been punctual, but now as I live here, I am always 15 minutes late...

The last thing that is a cliché but is true, is of course, about the weather... I am so used to sun 300 days a year, that I can't picture myself moving to a city where it's raining most of the time, or where it's cold... I feel so sad and wake up in a bad mood where it's below 10 degrees (celsius) cold, or where it's raining for like 3 days in a row ! I love Paris and London but winter there is 6 months a year, whereas here you feel like it's spring all the time !

That's it, everything I heard before coming here is true !

Happy sunday, see you all tomorrow :)

Elise.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire