dimanche 17 mars 2013

German stereotyopes about French

Of course there are the stereotypes about French people that are true, for example that they eat baguette and cheese and drink wine. Just like the majority of Germans likes sausages and drinks beer.

As for the saying the French people are arrogant: It is funny because until I came to Montpellier I have always defended the French when someone said they were arrogant, because in Besancon and Paris I had only made good experiences. As soon as I said only Excuse moi in French they were super friendly and even tried to speak English with me. Montpellier changed this experience as I met many unfriendly people, who even when I was making an effort to speak French spoke as fast as they possibly could to make sure I don't understand anything. I don't want to generalize that, I've also met so many very helpful friendly people here :) I think it is just something you will find in France more often than in other countries.

The weather also kind of caught me off guard... I really thought there is no such thing as cold days in the south of France...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire