jeudi 14 mars 2013

Stereotypes about French

Salut tout le monde,

As you know I am French from the other side of the planet so you could find funny that I have stereotypes about people of my own nationality. But French people from France and French people from New Caledonia are very different. So I have to say that I had some préjugés before I came here. Yes, it was my first time in France Mainland !!

In New Caledonia, we call the French "les zoreilles", no offence, it's just a word ! We believe they don't take a shower every day. I don't know if it's true, but you can ask them. We also believe they are stingy (they don't like to spend their money). For this I know it's untrue, since most of them are actually generous ! Everybody told me that people in Paris were rude, but that's not true (OK, I was there only 3 days, but still...) I met very friendly and helpful people. 
Concerning the stereotypes of Montpellier, I imagined the people here with a deep south accent, but many people come from others regions, so it's quite not true. What I didn't expect here was the slowlyness of people compared to others parts of France. You can wait all the day in a terrasse, nobody is going to ask you what you want to drink... 

Anyway, I took all the best from this city ;)

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi everybody! I am french, and during some trips I made, I could hear many stereotypes about french people.
    First, french people are known as being bad foreign language speakers, in english for example, their accent isn't very good.
    Then, this one deserves to be awarded: french people are "frog eaters"! It's funny because the first time I ate frog was last year, in a Chinese restaurant!
    One more I know, is that french don't take a diary shower, and to hide the bad smells, they put fragrance...
    And the last one, is that french women wouldn't shave their arms... Julia Roberts said that during a ceremony, so she enforced this stereotype.
    But be careful, these are just stereotypes, based on the idea foreign people make themselves about french, and it's not always true. All french are not this way.

    Etienne Manfrida

    RépondreSupprimer