jeudi 14 mars 2013

Is this really how French should be like?

Well,

From a country far away from Europe, in my hometown, we do have several stereotypes about the French, First of all, French people dislike those who don't speak French. Well, this is an useful stereotype since this will urge me to learn French before coming here. And I do find that people become extremely friendly after they find out I'm an Asian who can speak a little bit French :)
Second, life goes really slowly here. My parents kept threatening me that I'll have to get used to waiting in line and only being able to do one thing each day. Well, I think they exaggerate, however, it's true that things go SLOWLY. While in Asia, most of the people are busy all the time, life here in Montpellier seems way too smooth and slow for me.
Last but not least, before I came, I thought this is a place without rain and is always sunny, which is not true at all!!!! Montpellier has more rain than I imagined, and rainy days always make me sad :( Still, most of the time, we do have the sunshine.
It's interesting to see the differences between my stereotype of France and the real France, helping me to correct my point of view and know the country better :D

Yachoun CHANG

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire